Wednesday 23 June 2010

Live modeling and performance-exploring silent movement


Photography Sayaka Murayama (c) 2010 -  all rights reserved
Live model/ performer Angela Costa (c) 2010 -  all rights reserved
Text from "A  Lovers Discourse Fragments by Roland Barthes)
All rights reserved (c) - Image copy, post, diffusion or exhibiting is entirely prohibited.


Live modeling has deeply inspired and directed me into the engaging language of  silent movement.
In this space, I find focus, I choose pause and I take the body as a new, unexplored landscape  into a microscopic lens, where I find macro in micro -  and a new discovered beauty of silent movement:  the muscle shacking, the vein beating, the tissue stretching, the skin breathing.

Here some photos of an old shoot, where pause was chosen and a slow discovery of the body, silence and classic movement.