Sunday 3 October 2010

THIS is FILM - Sayaka + Tomohiro @London Fashion week

A short story on Sayaka + Tomohiro headpiece showcase @London Fashion week
( check theyre work at: http://www.syk-jp.com + www.tomihirokono.com + www.neonoclockworks.net )


As I post these, I strongly notice and feel the silence in these photos - in all photos, in all my photos - there is a strong, fascinating silence quality remaining, shouting in them- maybe that is what is so capturing in photography to start with - that mysterious, evocative relation between time, memories and silence- a recording wheel, forever spinning in absolute silence - speaking and voiding.


The silence says nothing and says all at the same time.
It travels, juxtaposes, lays gently at one single layer - what in human time is impossible: the present becomes past, as soon as I click the shutter - it brings a so much desired physicality to time and a reassuring but false sense of control over it ( memories, experience, time and ultimately life - it brings the false hope of immortality - the utmost utopian human aspiration - and perhaps the most relevant fueler of art and expression).


As I look trough these, I feel silence
and I realize how fascinating, capturing it is.
The silence slowly brings me back
to the individual, one time experience my eye took at that time, at that place
and I reflect, once again, not without much surprise
where did my eyes went on this experience,
what can that possibly say about me and that moment ?