Thursday 11 November 2010

THIS is WORK - posing for V. Garwood - exhibition@ Soho

Much excitment, V. Garwood paintings and drawings to which I posed for using my own butoh and movement performance figures is getting closer.

The exhibition catalogue has been released as well as the gallery event. Working with and for Vanessa was a wonderful experience -  she is totally my kind of person and above all a truthful sensitive artist. she and her work were both very inspiring to me personally.

And what a wonderful experience, to have somehow experienced the before and the after and  now to see all the work together ready to be exhibited -  and what a honor to have been represented and interpreted in this work. When I look at these oils and drawings -  I feel so honored in a way -  that my body, my expression has touched someone - that in a way, and just for the act being portrayed by another artist , it feels a little bit like the taste of perduring forever.

To V. Garwood, pls remember not to forget how beautiful you are as a artist and human being, how relevant your work is, and  thank you for painting and trough these sharing the beauty of your vulnerability, questioning and experience.

And a very humble thank you for selecting me as your model and for allowing me to in a way travel this journey with you, and for being so open and allowing me to bring into the poses my own body expression trough  movement and butoh experience.

The ex. will take place 17th - 20th November
@Aretha Campbell Fine Art Gallery
68 Dean Street, Soho - London

( below the work I posed for)




VANESSA GARWOOD - P.R.







Oils














Drawings